Thursday 5 August 2010

Moffat Teases Christmas Special

Ever secretive about what is in store for the future of Doctor Who, Steven Moffat has been teasing some information about the Christmas Special. During an interview with premiumhollywood.com, Steven had this to say about the casting of Michael Gambon:

“We sent him a script, asked him to do it, and he said, ‘Yes.’ Simple as that. I didn’t get the impression that he was a fan of Doctor Who, except insofar as everyone in Britain is at the moment, but it’s really…with these guys, send them a good part and there’s a really stonking chance they’ll do it. I mean, if it’s a good script…and you think it is…they’re being offered prime-time on Christmas day, really, so there’s a real chance you can get anyone for that. But it’s very exciting. He’s brilliant. Of course he’s brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. What a voice.”


When asked what was in store for the episode, and whether the Orient Express would play a part, he had this to say:
“Who knows? You wouldn’t really want to know, I can tell. Also, what you have to keep in mind is that I genuinely lie. I do. I actively lie to people about what’s going to happen in Doctor Who. I’m not officially employed with the BBC. I can say any old thing I like. Even if I told you something, there’s no guarantee that it’s true. Disinformation and the white noise of nonsense is how we get through this!”

So there we have it. Not a lot to go on, but it is something at least. The full article can be read HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment