Friday 3 September 2010

Jane Espenson Reveals Torchwood 4 Changes

Jane Espenson, known to many around the globe as one of the greatest scifi writers in the industry, who's credits include Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Caprica and Battlestar Gallactica, is writing for series 4 of Torchwood as many of you know. Well she has spoken out this week explaining a little about what to expect, how she came aboard, and changes that have been made to the plot and characters since the press release. She also confirmed that she will be writing three of the 10 episodes.

“I’m thrilled to say I was invited on board. My agent told me about it very casually; I was already busy at the time, and he thought I’d want to decline, but I jumped in fast to say I absolutely wanted to participate.”

“I love blending tones – mixing the broadly comedic moment in with the darkly dramatic one can heighten both. Torchwood is a show that welcomes that kind of moment. I’m also really eager to play with all the culture-clash material that comes naturally out of the show’s pedigree. And I’m especially eager to write material that pushes the boundaries of what can ordinarily be done on television.”

The writing process is intense. We’ve already changed the name of at least one character that was announced in the press. And there’s nothing to stop us from changing more—so if you hear anything, even if it was true at some point, it probably isn’t anymore. So the more you learn about Torchwood, the less you know
.”

No comments:

Post a Comment