Friday 24 June 2011

Episode 10 will be 'unusual'


Coming up in the second half of the latest series of Doctor Who is an episode penned by Tom MacRae. MacRae, who also penned the double episode 'The Rise of the Cybermen'/'The Age of Steel' for series 2, recently spoke to The Telegraph about his involvement with the Punchdrunk theatre company's 'The Crash of the Elysium.' During the interview he was asked about his upcoming story:

"I’ve written episode 10 which I think is my most accomplished piece of plotting ever. There’s a break in the series, so it will be coming out later. What’s interesting is that the requirements of the script meant that for various reasons nothing has gone out about it at all. We didn’t do much location filming, and the way the guest characters work is unusual, so no one knows anything about my episode. There’s speculation about it which is wrong - some bright spark has put the title of the episode on IMDB as The Green Anchor - it has never been called that! I’m amazed we’ve kept it this secret because there’s a really big surprise in it. All I will say is that it’s an unusual episode and it’s really great."

While it's clear he's not about to give anything away, it's still nice to see the second half of the second half of the series being talked about. And, I have to say, the 'really big surprise' has got me intrigued - I'm sure there will be much speculation about that!

1 comment:

  1. Ah so it's episode ten Rory's uncovered as the Master? - "Roman....ha...I'm actually a Saxon! As if a perception filter would work on me!" as one who over heard some filming for later episodes of the season. Standing next to a beach hut-tardis in the Impossible Astronaut, heard subtly as a Time Lord in the Doctor's Wife. ....and who can question the Doctor when talking about River song saying it would take "billions of years (to make a Timelord that way) it doesn't just happen".

    Oh who better to use higher level mind tricks and a funky metal glove to take down some Silence than The Master - also known as Rory - "The greatest man I've ever known"

    ReplyDelete