Its been a quiet few weeks on the news page and in that short time a lot of information regarding new episodes of Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures has come to light. It's a bit late to give them all individual articles, but for those who may have missed anything, here is a roundup of what we now know:
- Some more interior of the TARDIS will be seen in series 6, though probably only in the form of hexagonal shaped corridors rather than actual rooms.
- Early December saw filming taking place in castles in Cardiff, Caerphilly and Chepstow
- Toby Whitehouse has been confirmed to be writing an episode
- A leaked set report confirmed that the Silence are actually The Silent's, giving rise to speculation that they are actually a group or collective.
- Castings for various episodes include Marshall Lancaster, Sarah Smart, Elizabeth Berrington, Ricky Fearon, Adrian Schiller, Mark Griffin, Jeff Marsh, Nancy Baldwin and Henrietta Clemmett
- The trailer for series 6 was revealed and can be seen below:
- As well as a specially filmed trailer for BBC America:
- From the trailer we learned that:
- The Doctor is held prisoner long enough to grow a substantial beard in what appears to be Area 51
- Men In Black (possibly the same ones from Dreamland and The Sarah Jane Adventures) make an appearance.
- Nazi's and 17th Century Cavalliers will appear (Check out the following speculation article for more on this)
- The TARDIS from The Lodger will return
- A green eyed Ood will be in one of the episodes
- River and Amy both share the same tally markings on their body
- The Doctor wears a Stetson now, and they are apparantly 'cool'
- An astronaut is seen during a clip for episode two, possibly relating to Moffat's potential spoiler about Apollo 10.5
- The closing clip of the trailer appears to be a blurry shot of a 'little green man' wearing a suit, with some speculating that it may be a 'Silent'
- Peirs Wenger has stated that no old monsters will return, though this is contradicted by the sighting of the Ood in the trailer
- John Barrowman has confirmed that Starz are planning to make seven series of Torchwood, though this would obviously depend on its year by year success.
- Previous casting news about Mekhi Phifer and Bill Pulman has apparantly been disregarded as rumour, though nothing official to confirm it either way has so far come to light.
- Jane Espenson, who is writing three of the ten episodes has confirmed that she will also be producing her episodes.
- Filming is to begin in Wales next week for 2 weeks before shifting to Los Angeles for 6 months
- Jack returns to Earth because of his 'unspoken love for Gwen'
THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES
- Tommy Knight will return to full cast status for at least the opening story
- Filming on the final 3 episodes of series 5 is due to start in the spring. The first 3 episodes of the series were filmed alongside series 4 and are complete.
- The Parrot from 'Lost In Time' will return in series 5
So that is what we know so far. There is a whole load more information that at the moment is purely speculative and will be updated later today.